Mar 23, 2008

Celebrating is Very fulFILLING!

Another first....yes, it was and a great one too! Russell promised a real treat when I passed the Series 7 and last nite he delivered. He took me to Del Frisco's Double Eagle Restaurant (http://www.delfriscos.com/fortworth/) in Downtown Ft Worth and it was awesome! The experience began with their incredibly terrific fresh bread (their website boasts.....THE BREAD: Rip it. Break it. Just don't cut it with a knife. The bread is baked fresh daily and served piping hot to your table.) and some sort of truly decadent whipped butter. To begin our meal, I ordered a Caesar Salad, the Governor's Fillet (6 oz and cooked perfectly medium rare as requested) with Chateau Potatoes (these were sort of a creamy mashed potato(s) w/lots of garlicky, cheesy taste and slightly browned on top). Afterwards we really treated ourselves by ordering dessert and it was even more decadent than the bread! Russell had a huge slice of chocolate layer cake covered in chocolate ganache w/white chocolate shavings and I had the White Chocolate Cinnamon Creme Brulee w/fresh raspberries. I'm telling you, by the time we were done, we had to be all but rolled out the door. Frankly I was glad that we didn't take them up on the valet parking, because we needed that 3 block walk to the car to walk off some of the dinner we'd just eaten. An amazing dinner for an extraordinarily amazing accomplishment given how many years it's been since I've had to study and pass a test for anything other than the renewal of my driver's license.

No comments: